Monday, December 17

Time to go with the flow

I belive if you use the method of "going with the flow"in a creative process the one thing you need in abundance is - time.
Time for trials, time for an idea to evolve and mature, time to execute, and make changes and time for contemplation, to know when its all done and not another stitch or sequin is required.
The luxury of time alas is not the case with most projects I undertake.Projects which are constrained by time I must admit bring in the money but those which have time on their side, grow, evolve and are touched with a special je ne sais quoi.



This piece of embroidery was started in June. I love the Chinese proverb which I came across in The Curious Gardener's Almanac by Niall Edworthy and the butterfly and floral motif is on a tea cosy which belonged to my grandmother, I think it compliments the proverb. Last month I thought it was done and I could get it framed but when I took a look this month no doubt influnced by some books on samplers I have been looking through I'm back at the contemplation stage - contemplating balance. Will let you know how things go - its a matter of time you know.






































































2 comments:

pRiyA said...

well, well, well...what have we here? a blog by the embellisher herself! and I the plum tree am going to make THE VERY FIRST COMMENT! hmmmm...

your first entry looks great and is written so well, what else can i say but 'HURRY UP AND GIVE US MORE!!!'

Anonymous said...

My second attempt at posting a comment. I love the phone pix of Spotty. I think the blogging is coming along very nicely.

ShareThis