Tuesday, July 19

A Tribute Book


This tribute book is for my father who passed away on the 5th of February 2022. 
Made with the pages of the #buriedearthbookproject. 
The fabric pages of the book which was buried and unearthed after close to three months were quite fragile.
I thought it was fitting to make a book with the fragile fragments appliqued onto pages of unbleached cotton. 

The verse from 2 Timothy 4:7 was what we chose to have engraved on the headstone.
My sister wrote a beautiful tribute message which she read out at the memorial service. I had her handwrite the same in a little booklet which is put into a pocket.

A mild mannered person who loved the outdoors, animals and was always up for travel and adventure. He was a basketball player and watched cricket matches and tennis on television.He loved caramel custard and laddus. 
There was a laddu in each snack box which was given out at the memorial service.
A card distributed during the memorial service is there in two other pockets.
He is remembered very fondly and with deep respect by friends, family and the members of the church he belonged to.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

A very touching tribute. My sympathies to you and yours.

Cheryl said...

What a beautiful book you have made in his memory. I hope it helped bring you solace as well.

Maya Sara Matthew said...

Thank you Rachel

Maya Sara Matthew said...

Thank you Cheryl, yes it did me some solace and it was adequate at a time when my mother, sister and I were together grieving his passing.

Tamrichard said...

Excellent article. Very interesting to read. I really love to read such a nice article. Thanks! keep rocking.เว็บไฮโล

ShareThis