Saturday, November 15

Winter Sampler

It's that time of year when friends and family are baking fruit cakes for Christmas. Every year I say I'll bake one too but it looks like 2014 will not be the year I bake my first fruit cake instead I've started on this winter sampler.
It's all red cross stitch on cotton fabric, thought it looked all Christmasy . The pattern for the Winter Sampler is a free pattern from Leisure Arts. They have suggestions of using the different motifs in the sampler on other products like a napkin ring, table runner and a candle band.

Have a good weekend. Busy couple of week ahead with the semester coming to an end.Curriculum to be completed and assignments to be marked.
Will have to wait for December to get started on projects which have been marinating.

4 comments:

Radka said...

Pretty sampler :-)
Some people bake, some people stitch ;-)
Have a good week,
xx

Gwen Buchanan said...

Oh this is beautiful. You know I love red and white!!
..anyway this will be around long after Christmas and the fruitcake would be all gone.

Caterina Giglio said...

beautiful work...

Sharmon Davidson said...

beautiful stitching, Maya!

ShareThis