Friday, October 11

Africa inspired throws

My trip to Tanzania in August inspired these patchwork throws. A small group of women in North Karnataka made these hand sewn throws with noil silk cut offs from Plantation House.    

 Indian Ocean. The blues of the ocean and the soft white sand. It's magical in Zanzibar. R and I sat and watched the colours of the water change as the tide came in and the sun
made its journey across the skies to finally set. Absolutely spectacular.
 Masai. The Masai wrapped in their red blankets, so dramatic in the golden brown Savannah.
 The savannah in Tanzania. Browns and golds and the blue sky. Serengeti - the endless plains with the odd acacia tree I've never experienced such wide open spaces before and seen such exotic animals.
Spice Market. The colourful market in Zanzibar,the different colours of the produce and the awnings protecting the shops from the sun inspired this throw.
  
Spice Market. The colourful market in Zanzibar,the different colours of the produce and the awnings protecting the shops from the sun inspired this throw I used lungis. A lungi is a woven  cotton fabric which is usually checked and worn by men in India like a sarong. Currently this Bollywood song has made the humble lungi top of the charts.
The throws are reversable and are generously sized rectangular lounge throws 74" x 48".

The show at Madder Moon was a thumping success. Some pieces of my work sold which has me so excited. I now have to find more venues and galleries which will show my work. If like me you find yourself  wondering where you can find an audience for you work there's good advise to be found here.

Have a good weekend.

1 comment:

Caterina Giglio said...

congratulations!! you so deserve the success!!

ShareThis