Tuesday, May 31

Hide n Seek

The monsoons have struck and cooled things down. Let the creativity flow.
Here's something created pre monsoon
An off white soft pashmina with a hint of embroidery and sparkle so one can appreciate the 'chashm-e-bulbul' or 'eye of the bulbul' weave. A speciality of the master weaver of pashmina.
Space dyed embroidery thread gave the stole the name hide n seek. Delighted to report it sold hours after it made to Plantation House.
Needless to say its got me on a high and I've nearly finished two more pashmina stoles which I shall feature here in a day or two.

I'm inspired today by this and this. Wishing all of you inspiration when you least expect it. Cheers!

4 comments:

Montse Llamas said...

It's so delicate...

Maya Sara Matthew said...

Yes, one can wax eloquent about pashmina its an amazing fiber. Truly special.

Montse Llamas said...

Unfortunately I think I've never touch genuine pashmina fiber! Can you believe it? I was talking about the look of your embroidery...

Maya Sara Matthew said...

Genuine pashmina is difficult to come by. Thank you for the comment about my embroidery, it had to be delicate the beautiful weave and the fragility of the pashmina demanded it.

ShareThis