Friday, February 28

Black work and Patchwork



The beginnings of a garment. Kitchen experiments with rust dyeing and natural dyes are being patched together.
I'm no apparel designer so with this garment I'm just winging it, making a large T shape, one size fits all.Square neckline.Its going to be all handmade and hand stitched.
 I'm adding small black work embroidery bits here and there. Adding to the patchwork appearance.
The kitchen experiments of making marking on cloth have been resumed because more fabric is required for this garment. I'm inspired by stuff, steep + store.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too have been steeping in my kitchen and making my own designs by hand. It is awesome! Diane

Flaming Nora said...

OOh I just got that book, really exciting to see someone else's results. I haven't started anything yet.

Gwen Buchanan said...

This is going to be the coolest garment ever!!! absolutely love everything you are doing with it!! so personal and artsy!!!

Eco Mom said...

Wow - that looks great Maya! Can't wait to see the final piece! :)

ArtPropelled said...

I like the look of this!It's going to lovely when it's finished.

priya said...

Love it! Keep going... and I shall draw vicarious pleasure through your textile journeys.

Maya Sara Matthew said...

Thank you for all the encouragement and apprecation. I'm dyeing and patching together pieces of eco dyed fabric with renewed vigour. :)

Anonymous said...

Quite unique. Thanks for sharing this look at your patchwork, too.

ShareThis