Thursday, May 29

The May TIF is now complete

The May TIf is complete and just in the nick of time. June is just a day away.We're already in the middle of 2008.
Under normal circumstances I would wonder when all that time went by and what I did, but with the little book I'm creating with the TIF pieces I make each month,I'll be able to look back and see how I spent some of my time each month in 2008.

This month the challenge was tough because it was difficult deciding how to represent all the facets that make me, me.
I started off with the little ribbon woven piece on the left hand page. Thanks Ochie for the beautiful bag of velvety ribbons.
When it came to the page on the right I cross -stitched a couple of M's ( my initial) and then you can see i went kind of berserk with the different little beaded flowers, sequins and french knots.
So are these representations of who I am or what I am as an artist? I think so because I have a number of skill sets which I draw on and adapt for the work I do . Adaptability and a willingness to change, learn and grow are key to survival in this day and age.
Looking forward to the challenge for June.

21 comments:

pRiyA said...

yes, embellisher. we are already in the MIDDEL of 2008, when we your blog viewers are blessed with not only another dazzling piece of your work, but some shining wisdom as well. i'm floored by the radiance.

Maya Sara Matthew said...

What can I say Priya ...... we aim to dazzle?

Kay said...

Beautiful colors in this.

Maya Sara Matthew said...

Thanks for visiting Kay.

allie aller said...

I was totally blocked with the May TIF...couldn't conceptualize anything!
So I really love what you have done...very cheerful, interesting, and well-executed.

Maya Sara Matthew said...

Thanks Allison, last week I was staring at the right hand page blankly for days on end.Never thought i'd finish on time.A number of us seem to face the same issue.

Anonymous said...

cool! I like both pages, but especially the woven ribbons..i am quite drawn to the idea of weaving things at the moment. nice use of the colour scheme too

Maya Sara Matthew said...

I've been doing a lot of embroidery type of things in the Challenges to date the weaving is a step away from embroidery, must make a conscience effort to try other techniques - all my talk about adapting and pushing the limits!!!Thanks for visiting Paula.

Magpie Sue said...

Ha! It would appear we suffer from the same affliction! I seem to take forever to decide where to put that first stitch or bead on a new ground but once I do I can't stop! Way fun :- )

Maya Sara Matthew said...

hello Sue,with the french knots I've really gone overboard but like you said I had fun.

Anonymous said...

Lovely work.

Maya Sara Matthew said...

Thanks for visiting and writing a comment Emily

verobirdie said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving comments.
I like your piece with your initials and the way you went beserk!
If May TIF was difficult, I think June is even worse :-)
See you soon

Maya Sara Matthew said...

Hello Verobirdie, I'm still trying to figure out the challenge for June! Thanks for coming over and leaving a comment.

Unknown said...

These pages are so exuberant, it makes me smile just to look at them.

/// said...

WOW--- IT'S SPECTACULAR! :)

Crayons said...

Dear Embellisher,
You are a shimmering star in my night sky. I really really want to see these pages in person. I think I've said before that I am confident with paper and crayons, but clumsy and hopeless with fabric.

I've been away from the Internet for a few weeks, and I'm just now catching up with my favorite bloggy neighbors.

Keep posting!

Maya Sara Matthew said...

hello Design for Mankind, thank you. I'm a regular at your blog and you do such a fantastic job, your ezine - Inspirations is simply, so inspiring.

Maya Sara Matthew said...

Hi Crayons,thanks for all the praise, like all of us it keeps the creative engine going.Hope gets teleporting like Harry Porter and his ilk to work comercially very soon then blogging will get another dimension and we can transported to far away places to meet and interact with people, and maybe its the solution to cutting down on fossil fuels!!!! Who knows, we are only limited by our imaginations

kate smudges said...

I love how you've incorporated the letter, M, into your work. The beaded flowers are exuberant - I always look forward to seeing your monthly beauty.

Maya Sara Matthew said...

Thanks Kate for visiting sor egularly and leaving such encouraging comments

ShareThis