Wednesday, April 30

Pay It Forward Art-making Project 2014




About a month back I came across the pay it Forward Art-making Project 2014 on Jack Oudyn's blog and since five people hadn't signed up by the time I got there, I decided I had to be a part of the project.

Would you like to be a part of this project? Read on. I've shamelessly copied most of what follows from Jack's blog but then I was just following directions :)

Step 1
Copy and paste this (see below) as your latest entry on your favourite social website. ( your blog, facebook page perhaps?)

*Pay It Forward Art-making Project for 2014*

I promise to make a small piece of art for the first five people who comment on this post and say "Yes, I want in". A 'like' alone is not enough of a commitment, nor is a comment about thinking Pay it Forward is a great idea.

You must in turn post this as your status update and make something for the first five who comment on your status.

The rules are simple;
-It has to be your work, made by you, and the recipient must receive it before 2014 ends.
 - It can be anything art-based: a drawing/illustration or a conceptual work of art, a photograph, a knitted item, cross-stitch, paper mache - or anything in between.

I'm paying this forward thanks to Jack Oudyn. 
Yes, you can be on each other's pay it forward lists.

PS. It doesn't matter if you aren't an artist, try something out, goggle/YouTube how to make stuff, step out of those boundaries.

Step 2 - For the first five people who comment on your blog entry saying they want to participate, you will do an art trade with them that must be completed by December 31st 2014. I would count as the first person technically so you only need another four. if you find your friends are keen you can do as many as you want.

Step 3 - All forms of art count including creative writing, photography, digital, anything goes!  

Which brings me to the piece of art I will be sending to the first five people who make a commitment to participate in the pay it Forward Art Project 2014.
I'm going to attempt my first zine. I'm waiting for Jack's zine to get to me before I start.
India is not a place where zines are common place so this will be the first one I'll get to examine.
If the zine fails then I'll embroider a little quote or make a little cross stitch sampler which you can frame and put on your wall to inspire you.

Have a good week.

If you're shopping on line via Amazon or Flipkart. I would appreciate it if you would click on the Amazon or Flipkart banners in the side bar and make your purchases.
 As an affiliate Flipkart and Amazon will pay me a small percentage of the total amount spent. You will not be paying anything extra.
Thanks to the first person who made a purchase through Amazon and for all the clicks to browse the offerings on Amazon and Flipkart .

No comments:

ShareThis