Wednesday, September 11

Tussar silk boro


This tussar silk boro began way back in 2012. Take a look at the beginnings here. It languished for a quite a while before it found its way into my handbag along with an assortment of tussar silk scraps and embroidery thread to be worked on while I waited in airport lounges and got curious glances, or got up early while on holiday. It grew and got embroidered on.   

Those lines sum up rather nicely what results from being isolated with  scraps of fabric, a needle and some thread.
The whole piece. It's not complete my intuition tells me, I'm waiting for that flash of inspiration.

Details.

How is your week? Any flashes of intuition?
I'm working feverishly on some embroidered proverbs for a show at the end of the month. I might have something to show next week.

2 comments:

Charlton Stitcher said...

I love this quote - I'll think about it as I stitch. Going all the way and not being afraid what others will think ... so important.

And there's also knowing how far to go - when work is finished and when it's the moment to stop. All so difficult ...

Malathi said...

Nice post!
Indian Sarees Online Shopping

ShareThis