Saturday, August 30

August TIF

The August TIF and just in the nick of time. The challenge posed for August was Balance.
I think one is constantly challenged by the need to balance things and there are no formulas.
In my explorations this month I've represented the fact that images which are symmetrical like the form on the right hand page are more easily balanced and symmetry is what we gravitate towards whereas asymmetry balance is more difficult to achieve- the image on the left hand page is an attempt at achieving asymmetrical balance.

12 comments:

Tanguera said...

Nice interpretation. Love the colours and your stitching is fabulous as always.

Timaree said...

Are you in the BJP?

Maya Sara Matthew said...

Thank-youTanguera

Maya Sara Matthew said...

Hello Vero, I decided not to paticipate in BJP this year atleast not officially because I have a number of things I have committed to which are governed by tight time schedules but I'll be keeping an eye on all the creativity that BJP 2008 is going to produce.

pRiyA said...

ooo...very nice, as always.
and lovely colours too.

Cyber Fyber said...

Hi!
Today I'm supposed to be creating the ATC labels for the upcoming CYBER FYBER exhibition. It provides me an opportunity, however, to sneak a peak into some of the blogs...and I'd never pass up an opportunity to look at your wonderful work and beautiful photographs! Thanks so much for sharing images from India...a place I'd like to visit...ah, to dream! Anyway, thanks, too, for trading with me!
Susan

Maya Sara Matthew said...

Thanks Priya

Maya Sara Matthew said...

Susan trading an ATC and postcard with you for Cyber Fyber will always be special for me because it was the first time ever that I made an ATC and postcard and traded them.What a fantastic idea Cyber Fyber is and I'm sure the show will be a thumping success.

Ati said...

Hi, I found your blog on the TIF blog. Your challenge for August looks very good!

Maya Sara Matthew said...

Thank-you Ati.

kate said...

Lovely pieces. I think you've nicely achieved what you set out to achieve.

Anonymous said...

Very nice interpretation!

ShareThis