Thursday, June 18

Redwork Sampler

I'm taken with cross-stitch red work and I thought I'd share one I made and got framed.    
 The framed sampler adorns our new home. It's a wedding, alphabet and Quaker motifs all rolled into one sampler.
 Detail of some of the motifs in the sampler.
I'm sorry if the pictures are hazy and bit distorted because it's behind glass and I had to try and avoid reflections besides I had only the use of my cellphone camera. The cord to transfer photographs from my camera to my laptop seems to have developed a problem so I'm unable to share any of the pictures on my camera. What a bummer. I have all the pictures for a tutorial on how I made the Monsoon fiber book but it's going to have to wait. Oh well, it's not the end of the world.
Hope you're having a wonderful creative week.

1 comment:

sharonb said...

I have just come across this - it is really lovely but then I have a huge soft spot for samplers. I love theregularity of the samplers that are done in a traditional style

ShareThis