Thursday, September 18

Black - Roy G Biv 2014



Great bag with a fantastic representation of Bob Marley. 
The timings at a very popular restaurant in the neighbourhood called Hole in the Wall.
Assignment  given to my students to explore positive and negative shapes using tessellations inspired by M. C. Escher's work. I liked this one.                                                   
Mille Fleur is another of my embroidered scarves.
                                                   
Lichen - a black cotton silk scarf with discharge and hand embroidery.
By the way both scarves are available for sale. Drop me a line if you would like to know more.

Had to go into my archives for the pictures of black this month.I've also discovered that black and white go hand in hand and aren't far from each other.

Pop over to Julie and Jennifer's blogs to see what everybody has found that's black.
If you're considering joining in there are three colours until the end of the year
October 16 : White
November 20 : Brown
December 18 : Blogger's Choice

4 comments:

Thread Born said...

A wonderful selection of Black images this month, Maya.Love the scarves!

Sharmon Davidson said...

I like the variety of blacks you found. Your student's tessellation is very nice, but your black silk scarf is simply scrumptious!

Arzigogolare said...

I enjoyed your always-eclectic mix of images for the ROY challenge! And your scarves are both stunning - I love the stitching, and the black really sets it off...

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

Oh yes, the chalkboard is a perfect example of black and white as these others are as well. Your scarves are beautiful!

ShareThis