Wednesday, January 29

Markings on Cloth

 Markings made with rust and tea on cotton fabric.
 Some of these are the result of dye pot experiments which I conducted in November last year.
 Resisted cotton dyed with tea in a cast iron pot yielded grey and off white patterend cloth and these work well with the rust dyed cotton.
The experiments continue. I need a lot more to fashion a garment which I'll embellish with Black Work embroidery.
I need to make up my mind about the type of patchwork garment I'm going to hand stitch. Kimono? Kashmiri Phiran?
I probably need to create some stuffed steeped and stored jars as suggested by india flint. See jars created by others here.

3 comments:

Gumbo Lily said...

I love how your creativity flows onto cloth. Really beautiful, Maya.

Thread Born said...

Wow! That's all I have to say...can't wait to see the garment that you fashion from these.

jenclair said...

Lovely results!

ShareThis