Thursday, December 22

Graffitti

 The elements which define Graffitti -  skinny cotton silk scarf, appliqued with tussar silk, chain stitched, tea dyed ,running stitch details, a raw edges finished with blanket stitch and tassels  .
 A soft feel and a primitive appearance characterises  Graffitti.
This scarf is the first in a series exploring the representation of circles. The circle is a recurring element in my work ( like you never noticed) so in the next couple of scarves I make I'm going to explore embroidery and sewing methods/techniques to create a circular form and circular patterns. This is one of the techniques I'll be trying.

2 comments:

Marta Brysha said...

Gorgeous. Circles are also very dear to my heart. I can't wait to see more.

Gwen Buchanan said...

Your creation is beautiful..Wishing you a wonderful Christmas season!!

ShareThis