Wednesday, January 16

Take it Further Challenge - Week 2

I've progressed! here's what happened on the pages for January.




Detail of the sea glass.

The saying when complete will read As the garden grows , so does the gardener.I'm putting this Old Saying in because my mother loves to work in the garden which is constantly changing- new plants and fruit trees or potted plants are rearranged, its a spontaneous garden ( if you can catergorise a garden like that) and she always says "It's a work in progress"

Detail of the crazy quilting.

I really enjoyed doing the crazy quilting, I wish I had some little bits of lace to add ,preferably taken off an article of clothing my mum used and was ready to discard - a handkerchief or something similar. I've enlarged the colour palette a wee bit to include a pinkish purple ( beads & thread) because my mum's favourite colour is pink.
I'm wondering what to do in the little space beside the sea glass& above the J. I thought I'd put a bit of paper with my mum's handwriting on it. maybe a border too, to hold all the elements of the page together.

14 comments:

pRiyA said...

wow! this is beautiful. i love the colours and the way the photographs capture the light that falls from the window.

Maya Sara Matthew said...

Thank-you.

Anonymous said...

Your project for the month looks great!

Anonymous said...

this is beautiful, this is going to be a wonderful book in the end.

beadbabe49 said...

Great use of the january colors!

Anonymous said...

Oh how lovely, all of the little details are just incredible!

Timaree said...

This is turning out very nice. I didn't use the colors but when I see how one person after another has used them it becomes a soothing, peaceful view. I like how you used the sea glass and it looks so pretty with the crazy quilting.

neki desu said...

lovely block!and i love the idea of using some paper with your mum's writing

neki desu

Anonymous said...

I do love your January page, and the concept of a book. Your embroidery skills are excellent. Interesting blog, will enjoy keeping up. Thank you for commenting on my penny rug piece.

Denise said...

Hi,
Very nice. Love the garden theme, honouring your mother. Love the crazy quilting too.
Perhaps you could print out a picture of your mother on cotton and attach to to that free space. Or you could do that same thing with the handwriting.
cheers, Denise

Tanguera said...

Wow! Lovely piece. I love how you incorporated the beach glass and your crazy quilting is absolutely beautiful. Can hardly wait to see the finished piece!

kate said...

That is one of my favourite garden quotes. This will be one treasured book when it is finished. Your stitching is exquisite and I like the way you've used different materials to add to the overall theme.

Grangry said...

I love the personal symbolism you are using in this!

Maya Sara Matthew said...

Thank-you Kay Susan, its been a great opportunity to express my feelings about the person I admire - that's "taking it further" in a new direction!The challenge is proving to be more things than one.

ShareThis