Sunday, August 29

90th birthday present for twin sisters

 I'm always surprised when someone contacts me via social media about a commission.  
The request was for a poem to be embroidered.                                    
I was taken by surprise when I was told I would have to embroider the poem  twice because it was to be given to twin sisters for their birthday 🎂 in July.
This was a first.                                    
The twin sisters are creative. One a poet and the other a designer.
The poem I was requested to embroider has been written by the poet.
The embroidered poem - Hometown Blackpool by Naomi Beth Wakan.
A frame for the embroidered poem was created with strips of shibori fabric.
The two copies of the embroidered poem.


The finished piece.

I have an account on Instagram @giftablewords for the express purpose of commissioning unique embroidered poems, quotes, birth samplers and wedding samplers, which one can gift 🎁 to friends and family.
Do take a look. I'll be delighted to work with you to create something special.

Have a great week.

2 comments:

Charlton Stitcher said...

Just found this when catching up with some blogs I always enjoy.
What a challenge, stitching so neatly and carefully ... and twice over! It looks beautiful.

I have a friend who has just stitched all over a smock that belonged to her farming ancestors in Dorset UK. She covered the history of the farm, who lived there, the old farm house, the family tree and much more. It was hung very recently in our group exhibition in Gloucestershire. If your interested, I'll be posting about it on my blog over the weekend.

MY MUSINGS said...

Such a cool idea to write with your thread....a poem and frame it.

ShareThis