Friday, June 2

At the end of May

 May, this year was unlike the past two years. We had two power outages. The first for 5 days and after two weeks another one for 4 days. We weathered it and realised we are calmer people who deal with such situations pretty well. I think my husband deals with it better than me.
 My Mum turned 80 in March.
 A landmark for a remarkable woman.
 Mamma loves flowers and gardening. So I had to embroider some flowers - some wonky roses and lazy daisy flowers. These were the colours of a beautiful boquet of flowers a friend sent her.
That's what 1 year of stitches looks like at the end of May.

3 comments:

Gumbo Lily said...

Love your stitching. Mamma's birthday wreath of flowers is very pretty. It's amazing how life actually CAN go on without electricity. We live in the country and are prone to outages. It brings a little more peace into life when it happens. I love your work.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

This is an amazing project. It looks fabulous! I look forward to seeing how it progresses.

Anonymous said...

Just hit upon your site, loved reading about your year in stitches.

ShareThis