Thursday, November 13

Sep - TIF


The pages for the September TIF. I've followed the suggested colour palette.
The challenge for September was Lists. Lists....hmm..... gave it much thought and couldn't come up with anything all through September probably because I'm not a lists person.I have a diary and make notes in it - when the utilities have to be paid, birthdays, appointments and I stick in movie tickets , write short recipes that sort of thing but lists I don't make lists.
So in departing from the tradition of the TIF's done in previous months where I stuck to both theme and colour palette I've gone with the colour palette and created two compositions. I won't call them representations of the given theme, just compositions where I had great fun going wild with herringbone stitch.

The page on the left. I wrote out things I had marked in my diary in September but the herringbone stitch just grew organically outwards and obliterated all the writing done with a marker and I think it is better that way.

The page on the right.
I'm working on the TIF for November

6 comments:

Guzzisue said...

great use of stitch and the papge where it covers the writing works really well, well done., I must admit that September was the only month that I didn't work with because I couldnt get any ideas going.

Tanguera said...

I like what you came up with. Yeah, lists are tricky things.

ArtPropelled said...

There's something so fascinating about all those little stitches and your colours are lovely as usual.

Magpie Sue said...

The right page certainly looks like it could be a list. I've seen handwriting that was just about that legible! I think this is a truly original response to the challenge. Sometimes mine feel like cop-outs, in spite of all the time and thought I put into them.

india flint said...

that layering of text and stitch make for a most intriguing and cryptic narrative....

Maya Sara Matthew said...

Thank-you ladies.
I got the impression that most people involved in the challenge found the theme of lists something they could relate to because they are list makers, nice to know there are some like me.

ShareThis